Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Department: Tech Department
Reporting to: Hardware Team Manager
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Roam is a technology company that develops, designs and deploys electric vehicles and energy systems tailored for the African continent, leading the transition to sustainable transport. We focus on designing and co-developing tailored products for the local use-case that unlocks mass-scale deployment to a completely untapped market.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Hardware team. The job holder will be responsible for offering technical leadership as part of a team to design, develop, and test components and products that have been developed.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and engineer new components/products and technologies to support the strategic plan in accordance with best practices.
- 3D design and GD&T drawings of complex parts and assemblies.
- Risk assessment and analysis and DFMEA of our components
- Demonstrate ability in Design for Manufacturing (DFM), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimension, and geometric tolerance (GD&T), with focus on high volume manufacturing.
- Present work with technical graphical communication of concepts, ideas, and solutions
- Demonstrate and implement experience with automotive or aerospace industry quality standards and manufacturing methods;
- Demonstrated experience with finite element and simulation analysis methods.
- Knowledge on the effective use of DVP&R (validation) and DFMEA (risk management).
- Demonstrated experience with geometric dimension & tolerance (GD&T).
- Highest values on safety in personal work practices and consideration in design of processes and equipment.
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers, preferred.
- Collaborate and review with functional manager on all projects, processes and design
- Give superior attention to detail with an ability to manage complex projects and detailed planning.
- Implement and sustain the highest values on safety in personal work practices and consideration in design of processes and equipment.
- Use your solid project management skills
- Delivery of projects assigned to you with high quality and on time
- Be a process creation, implementation and sustaining champion
- Work with application, process, and manufacturing experts and suppliers in development of new products to meet performance targets.
- Show High level interpersonal and leadership skills; must be able to influence and collaborate across multiple levels within the company, at various locations, and with suppliers.
- Be a culture champion
- Demonstrate Passion for making great products and components.
- Mentoring on communication within hardware team, Improving design capabilities of hardware team and demonstrating subject matter expertise through knowledge share and mentoring
- Must have 5 years’ experience in Product Development or has a working knowledge of systems integration, CAD packaging, and product versioning and release management.
- Must have a relevant bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Good skills in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer aided Engineering (CAE) for part and assembly modeling, simulations and release management.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on engineering research and test data and findings.
Career Level: Senior Level
Location: Nairobi/ Kenya
Deadline: 9th April 2023
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience