Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Department: Technology Department
Reporting to: Electrical & Electronics Team Leader
Our vision is to make electric mobility more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. Roam focuses on mass transit products, such as electric motorcycles used for taxi and delivery as well as electric buses in a public transport setting.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer to join our organisation. As a senior electronics engineer you will be working in the R&D Department in the ELE-team. In this team all development involving electrical components for our Roam products are handled. Work is done on all levels of complexity and depths and this means that the expertise requirements for the ELE team is both broad and deep. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 to 5 years working experience in electronics.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software according to international best standards eg MISRA.
- Research, design, implement and manage systems (and other electronics firmware/software.
- Develop testing procedures for electrical/electronic components and equipment including design and development of testbenches.
- Write documentation for requirements, test and programming instructions.
- Write, amongst other things, specification documents and test result documents
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or improvements
- Work with other teams to ensure optimised integration with other system components and manufacturing processes.
- Work on various different communication solutions, both wired and wireless.
- Provide guidance on the purchase of different electronic components, tools, systems and software.
- Evaluation of different operational systems and recommending design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system operations.
- Develop and deploy sensor/system data collection, storage and transmission functionality.
- Ensuring that both hardware and software used meets the company’s minimum safety requirements.
- Help in designing and developing hardware components including circuit boards, communication systems, memory storage systems, among others.
- Create project plans, timelines, and assist management with defining budget requirements for BOM.
- Monitor work progress, issue work orders, and resolve electronic problems in order to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Support technical reviews, development plans and project with strategic electric vehicle support team and within the electric vehicle RnD community
- Assisting with recruitment, training and onboarding of new electronics/electrical engineers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the engineering field in Electronics.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience in electronics design.
- Deep understanding of both analog and digital electronics.
- Be proficient in use of advanced tools commonly used within electronics, e.g multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators etc.
- Low level coding skills in C, C++, Arduino, Python or similar for firmware development
Career Level: Mid Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience