Job Title: Software Developer
Department: Technology Department
Reporting to: CTO - Temporarily
Our vision is to make electric mobility more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. Roam focuses on mass transit products, such as electric motorcycles used for taxi and delivery as well as electric buses in a public transport setting.
About the role:
Roam is seeking a skilled software developer to join our software build team.The ideal candidate is passionate about software development, stays updated with industry trends, and is eager to take on new challenges.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software applications across web development, mobile apps, data and databases, cloud computing, and DevOps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to capture requirements, define, design, and ship new features for software projects
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, adhering to industry best practices
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and proactively bring innovative ideas to the team
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes, including adherence to Agile methodologies
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in SDLC and a background in development for web, cross platform mobile apps, cloud computing, and/or DevOps is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Familiarity with software development tools, version control systems (e.g., Git), and best practices.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with a commitment to using common collaboration tools like Slack, Jira/ClickUp, and Liveshare
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Adaptability and interest to learn and stay updated with new technologies.
- Experience with web development, mobile app development, or cloud computing.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 18th October 2023
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience