Job Title: Warehouse Staff
Reporting to: Warehouse Team Leader
Warehouse Staff - Pickers
Our vision is to make electric mobility more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. Roam focuses on mass transit products, such as electric motorcycles used for taxi and delivery as well as electric buses in a public transport setting.
About the role:
We are looking to hire a Warehouse Staff, who will be responsible for ensuring the following core responsibilities:
● Strict adherence to “no scan - no move policy” without exceptions
● Fulfillment of picks, putaways, movements and shipments (sales order fulfillment) according to the relevant and updated SOPs
● Adherence to agreed upon (fixed) working hours and break schedule
● Flexibility in task execution based on operational workload and demand - execute putaways, picking, movement, counts
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that every material movement and interaction is guided by the ERP/WMS.
- Always ensuring the highest level of stock correctness possible (100%).
- The goal is to fulfill all possible material demands arising from the company's operations as efficiently and in the highest quality possible.
- This means that counting and the execution of movements are performed with 100% accuracy in terms of quantity and placement.
- Regular execution of sample/cycle counts - in bin locations that are selected and provided by the person responsible for stock correctness.
- Maintaining a safe working environment in the warehouse. This means that there is no trash on floors or other work surfaces
- Following all health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Orderly storage and arrangement of all stocks and tools.
- Conducting regular safety checks on equipment and machinery.
- Reporting any safety hazards or incidents to the appropriate personnel.
Qualifications and experience
- Proper and on-point communication, using the right channel for the right purpose.#
- Time management, commitment and communicating well and in good time if things have to change for any reason.
- The ability to communicate well in English both internally and externally.
- Basic, if not excellent, computer skills working in the ERP and other programs, such as Excel, used in the work.
- 5’s methodology know-how.
Career Level: Entry Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 1st December 2023
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience